7 Gift Ideas For MusiciansDec 04, 2022
Where To Start?
As a musician for over 30 years, I can confidently say...
Most people (including family & friends) don't know how to shop for a musician! 😂
If you fall into this category, don't worry, The Career Musician team has curated the perfect Holiday Gift List for any musician you know, family or not.
3 Things To Keep In Mind
Here's 3 simple facts to keep in mind about musicians when shopping for that perfect gift:
1) If it's too expensive for your budget, don't sweat it. All musicians know the difference between items that they need to save up for in building their instrument or studio collection of gear, vs. what's reasonably priced for others to get for them as gifts. So the rule of thumb here is – if it's too fat for your wallet, then go lean with something fun and perhaps even novelty.
2) Every musician, regardless of skill level, professional vs. hobbyist, or whichever instrument(s) and genres they play, loves cool gadgets! Oh and bags too. Trust us on this....you can't go wrong with a cool little electronic or even old-school mechanical gadget and/or an awesome bag with lots of compartments!
3) Any musician that's lucky enough to be on your thoughtful list of people to shop for will be grateful. Especially if you take the time to search out something musical for them. Typically, it's not something we're used to getting so when we do get a music-related gift, we're elated!
Ok now that we've established some ground rules, here's the list (in no particular order), of awesome gift ideas that will make any musician giddy to get on the day of giving! 🤩
- Electronic Tuner - Just about any musician, including drummers, can put these to good use.
- Metronome - As an App for their mobile device, electronic stand-alone unit, or traditional mechanical piece, every musician needs to keep good time.
- Gig Bag - Fitted for their particular instrument, gig-bags are oftentimes cheaper than regular hardshell cases and they are super convenient for travel and storage.
- Music Stand with Light - A gigging musician never knows what the venue or place of performance might be – or not be equipped with, so a sturdy and contractible music stand with an LED light is incredibly practical.
- Multi-Use Gig Bag - If they're moving about from session to session or gig to gig, a solid ergonomic multi-use bag with lots of storage compartments can be a lifesaver.
- Studio Lights - For musicians it's all about the VIBE! Fun vibey lights most certainly help get us in the creative mood!
- Coffee Gift Card - Yep, it's true...we LOVE coffee for all those late night gigs and sessions.
Honestly, you CANNOT GO WRONG with any of these items for the musician(s) in your life!
I always like to say that as musicians, although we don't SAVE lives, we definitely ENHANCE them! And what better source of inspiration for the musician in your life than receiving awesome gifts that will help them achieve this goal!
On Another Note 🎶
If the musicians you know are seriously pursuing music as a career, send them to www.TheCareerMusician.com for some amazingly helpful resources that will help them in their journey toward success as a full-time Career Musician.
Oh, and by the way, if you found this blog helpful, please share it by reposting, or linking anywhere you like! 🤓
Merry Musician Gifting and Happy New Year!
JOIN THE FAM!
No Strings. Unsubscribe at any time.